Park or Shelter House Rentals
Shelter houses are available to rent on a first-come, first-serve basis, all rentals must be paid in full to reserve your desired shelter house. Rental forms and a full list of shelters are available at the Fremont Community Recreation Complex. please call the city’s recreation department at 419-334-5906 for availability.
Parks Ambassador Program
Our Park Ambassadors are community volunteers who serve as support specialists in our Parks & Recreation Departments. Ambassadors fill many roles within Parks & Recreation but most importantly, Ambassadors will help to spread timely and relevant information about our parks, programs, facilities, and special events. Ambassadors will spend time in various parks throughout the community, providing support and engaging with park users and encouraging a positive, family friendly environment.
Fremont Parks & Recreation is constantly growing and improving its parks, amenities and facilities while also offering additional special events, programs and activities for our community. The Park Ambassador program was developed to increase community engagement, create welcoming and friendly experiences for all park visitors, and to provide support to Parks & Recreation staff and, most importantly, support to our park users.
As a Park Ambassador you will receive a packet filled with information related to our parks, programs and special events so that you can assist us in our efforts to increase community ownership within our parks and programs.
City of Fremont Parks
Fremont Concert in the Park Series
The Fremont Concert Series in the Park entertains people with live music in the beautiful outdoor setting of Birchard Park. This season begins in June.
Location: 1313 Oak Harbor Road
In 1996 three new little league baseball fields replaced historic Anderson Field. The park also includes a basketball court, playground equipment, and restroom facilities.
Biggs-Kettner Memorial East Side Park
Location: 601 St. Joseph Street
This park is named in memory of police patrolman Joseph Biggs who died in the line of duty on November 3, 1948 and firefighter George Kettner who died in the line of duty on December 7, 1948. It includes a basketball court, playground equipment, Skate Park, restrooms, a soccer field, tennis courts and six shelter houses. The park connects to the North Coast Inland Trail which runs 6.5 miles to the City of Clyde and 1.5 miles to the corner of Park Avenue and Hayes Avenue in Fremont. It is also the location of Fremont Community Recreation Complex which has indoor basketball and volleyball courts, a seasonal ice rink and a heated outdoor pool. The park is also adjacent to the Baumann Climbing Wall at Shinew Park.
Location: 1400 Birchard Avenue
Dedicated October 19, 1871, this land was donated to the City of Fremont by Sardis Birchard. This beautifully wooded park includes a basketball court, tennis court, shelter houses, shuffleboard courts and a walking path. A bandstand in the park is home to the Fremont Concert in the Park Series each summer.
Richard D. Maier Park
Location: 1019 Birchard Avenue
Created by the intersection of Birchard Avenue, Buckland Avenue and Monroe Avenue, this park has beautiful trees, a gazebo and several benches. The park was donated to the City of Fremont by Sardis Birchard in 1871. A dedication ceremony September 28, 1986 renamed the park from Triangle Park to Richard D. Maier Memorial Park in honor of the former mayor.
Location: 329 Avis Street
Just a short walk from downtown Fremont, Swartzlander-Rotary Park is a great place to take a break from downtown shopping.
Location: Corner of State Street & Front Street.
Brick walls and landscape beds beautify this downtown corner. This park was made possible by a generous donation from John Tschumy. It was dedicated December 3, 2001.
Robert L. Walsh Park
Location: 610 Morrison Street
The largest park in the city park system was made possible by a generous donation from Robert L. Walsh. It contains walking trails, playground equipment, a large shelter house, restrooms, a fountain and a memorial garden managed by the City of Fremont Tree and Beautification Commission. The park was dedicated to Robert L. Walsh July 4, 1996. Mr. Walsh was an avid walker who enjoyed nature.
Rodger W. Young Park
Location: 1111 Tiffin Street
Dedicated to World War II hero Rodger W. Young in 1943, this park includes six baseball/softball fields, eight tennis courts, two basketball courts, playground equipment, two shelter houses, four multi-purpose fields, parking and restroom facilities.
Ozzie Rauch Park
Location: 344 2nd Street
Named after Oswin Rauch, former Fremont City Council member from 1946-1951, and Safety Service Director from 1952 -1953. Mr. Rauch started the first mobile home court off Second Street in Fremont, now accompanied by the Ozzie Rauch Park. In 2021, the City of Fremont revamped Ozzie Rauch Park by adding a half-court basketball court, picnic space, and resurfacing around the play area. The city also planted trees around the perimeter of the park.